In this policy, we, Mercari Inc., headquartered in San Francisco, California, inform you about our personal data collection and use practices relating to your use of Mercari’s mobile and website consumer-to-consumer marketplace service. It does not cover other data collection or processing by Mercari or data that other companies collect or sites or services that are linked from our service.
Children under 18 are not allowed to use the Mercari service.
We only store email address, physical address and phone number on this site. We do not store any credit card or paypal information on this site. . All purchases are done through PayPal’s secured site.
The cookies we use on our browser-based app and website do not hold any personal information about you. Where personally identifiable information is required to be gathered, the need for this information will be clearly communicated before you choose to provide the information.
Many Internet browsers allow you to adjust your cookie preferences or delete existing cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies, you should be aware that certain browser-based app or website features, promotions or services may not be available to you or may not function correctly.
Certain Internet browsers may enable you to set “do not track” preferences, to limit the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Mercari’s systems do not respond to Internet browser “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms.
Data retention and access
We retain account and usage data as long as required by applicable law. Beyond required retention periods, we may keep data as long as permitted by law. If you close your Mercari account we will inactivate the account within less than 10 business days. Please keep in mind that others can retain messages and content that you have sent them or posted publicly before you closed your account and we keep deactivated account information for a certain time period in our archives.
- with your consent or at your direction.
- as necessary to collect payment.
- to service or process a product or service requested by you or otherwise provide our service to you.
- as necessary to resolve a problem between Mercari users or with third parties.
- with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers in the United States and abroad that help us deliver, analyze, improve and manage our service, subject to confidentiality agreements.
- as required by law or to assert or protect legal rights.
- as necessary to protect you, other users, us or third parties from actual or potential harm, including fraud, data security or confidentiality breaches, other liability, or where someone’s physical safety seems at risk.
- to maintain or service your account.
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale or reorganization of our company, divisions or assets, subject to the acquirer accepting the commitments made in this policy and in compliance with applicable law.
- as described in our Privacy Notice.
- as otherwise permitted by law.
Note that when you publicly post content, such as sales listings, that content is visible and available to third parties.
We take required steps to protect your account information and account messages and to protect against data loss, misuse and unauthorized access. But, no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, messages sent through the Mercari service are not encrypted.
It is your responsibility to control access to your device, including keeping your login information confidential and not sharing it with anyone. It is also your responsibility to notify Mercari if you believe the security of the information in the Mercari app or your Mercari account has been compromised.